Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Marking Period 4: IRB Intro Post

The Last Lecture
Randy Pausch

        The Last Lecture is about  a man named Randy Pausch, who was a computer science professor at Carnegie Mellon University. He had a family at home, specifically a wife and three children. Randy was unfortunately diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, which has a very low survival rate. Throughout the book he wanted to give a "last lecture" to his audience because it may very well be, his last lecture. The book is broken up into 6 different sections, some telling about his dreams as a child and, some how he met his wife, and others telling about his lessons he has learned throughout his life and dealing with cancer. My brother recently read this book, and I also saw a talk he hosted. Reading this book will inspire me to live my life to the fullest, for there may not always be tomorrow. I'm excited to read Randy Pausch's last lecture and I'm excited for the inspiration it's going to give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment