Sunday, February 2, 2014

TOW #17: Visual: Nike 'Rise and Shine' Commercial



This commercial is one of my all time favorite videos. When I need a pep talk, or need to get pumped up for a game or race, this is what I come to to watch and get myself focussed and motivated. I'm all about exercising, being fit, and trying my best. I'm passionate about my sports and what I do. I have goals and I want to succeed. The music and voice throughout this video is so empowering it draws the audience in no matter what. Nike tries to convince the audience that anything is possible and that there is no final ability. Work hard everyday if you want results. "Destiny waits for no one". I was really able to connect to this video because I am an athlete and I care a lot about my sports and my accomplishments. The different video clips throughout the commercial fit together perfectly and go along great with the music and the voice speaking. The mans voice is very determined and straight forward. It works really well in motivating and inspiring the audience. The audience could be any athlete or anyone who has a goal and wants to achieve something. Also, the voice talks in second person. As if it is talking to you and you only. I think that is so powerful and is the most motivating part. The speech is so strong and carries over to when I am practicing. This video could be watched one hundred times in a row and never fail to motivate me. The positive attitude as well carries over a vibe to which every athlete likes to feel. A feeling of security, readiness, and invincibility. Nike is a very popular sporting company, so by advertising commercials such as this one it draws the audience in to like Nike even more. For instance, when wearing Nike, I feel great. Because the greatest athletes wear Nike, and the greatest athletes have the faith this video portrayed. Through the music, tone, and video clips, Nike was able to deliver its purpose that anything is possible. As an audience member, I believe that Nike did achieve their purpose. After all, I have watched this video quite a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment